|Relatives||Desmond Chapman (father)|
Vincent Chapman is the unacknowledged son of Desmond Chapman, the New Avenger known as Union Jack, and Emilia Chapman, the former's third cousin. He spent his childhood in the Braddock Manor, though he was never given the formal education other children were given as a part of Braddock Academy, largely due to his refusal to cooperate with any form of authority. He began to show a form of audiokinesis when he was seven, leading to some to suspect his father was a Cassidy, though Emilia assured them it was just a coincidence. As he grew up, Vincent's powers became more prevalent as complete audiokinesis and he was taught to control them.
Vincent was sixteen when the reign of William Rider began in Great Britain. He escaped from Braddock Manor during the massacre of the Braddocks and the Chapmans, making him and Desmond the last remaining members of their family. He fled to America, where he became a member of a private military company. For the next two years, he spent his time defending the CEO of an oil corporation before he eventually resigned, deciding to travel around the country, looking for a better purpose in life. As he did, his eccentricity began to reveal itself, and it was incorporated into his brand of vigilantism.
Powers and Abilities
- Sound Manipulation: Vincent can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound, using it as a powerful physical force with high-speed movement. At low frequencies, sound is potentially fatal to living beings by causing internal damage, while high frequencies cannot be heard by normal humans but can be used for sonar-like effects. Since sound vibrations can travel through the air, ground, water and any form of medium, defense by using physical barriers is difficult. The vibrations can also affect at a molecular level.
- Adept Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Vincent is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter, going toe-to-toe with trained assassins and mercenaries and coming out on top during his time in the PMC without having to rely on his powers.
Vincent possesses the normal strength of a man his height who engages in regular physical activity.
- Grappling Gun: Vincent carries around a grappling gun at all times, using it for mobility and tactical positioning. He occasionally uses it offensively when no other options are available.
- Motorcycle: Vincent travels around on a Harley-Davidson Iron 883. He rarely uses it to drive to a criminal's location, instead preferring to move on foot unless the clock is against him.
- Pistol: Vincent carries around a pistol but he rarely uses it, instead preferring to fight hand-to-hand or using his audiokinesis.